TJVCL was established on 11th May 2011 (28th Baishak, 2068) as a joint venture of Nepal Electricity Authority (NEA) and Nepal Doorsanchar Company Limited (NDCL). The Company is currently working on developing Upper Trishuli 3B Hydroelectric Project. The generation license for the project was issued to Company on 7th June, 2015 (24th Jestha, 2072).
Upper Trishuli 3B Hydroelectric Project (UT3B HEP) is a run-of-river (ROR) type cascade project of Upper Trishuli 3A HEP (60 MW) which lies in the Trishuli River. The project is located at Rasuwa and Nuwakot District of Nepal. The project consists of two generating units with total installed capacity of 37 MW. Each unit consists of 19.1 MW Francis Turbine. The company has planned to manage its capital requirement from debt and equity under the debt: equity ratio of 70:30. Financial closure of the project is in progress including the debt portion required for the project with funding agencies and the equity investment from NEA, NDCL, Local Development Agencies and General Public.
Current Project Status
- Generation License issued by Department of Electricity Development (DOED).
- Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) concluded on August 22, 2017.
- The construction of the project is scheduled to start construction by the end of 2017.
- ELC Electroconsult SpA, Italy in association with Soil Test (P) Ltd. Nepal is working as Owner's Engineer.
- Contractor selection is in progress.
- Construction of Camp Buildings has been completed.
- Construction of Test Adit Tunnel (L=436.6m) has been completed.
- Land acquisition process is nearing completion.